People with limited mobility can make use of mobile shower trolleys. They can take a bath safely and comfortably with a little bit of assistance only. These mobile trolleys can be used along with the hand held shower or whenever somebody is receiving a sponge bath.
If you are wondering whether a mobile shower trolley would be useful for you make sure that you read about its following benefits:
The advantages of mobile shower trolley
- Mobile shower trolleys are portable and can be easily wheeled from one place to another. This would be useful for people who run Nursing Home and have a number of patients with mobility issues.
- The trolley comes with adjustable height frames which makes it easy for the patient to get in and out of the trolley. The adjustments can be controlled either electronically or hydraulically. Price for both kinds of trolleys are different you should choose one which was within your budget.
- These are not only useful for those who are required to be given a bath but can be helpful for the caregivers as well. They can make use of the adjustable height option and it would help avoiding bending and thereby preventing fatigue or strain.
What you should keep in mind before buying mobile shower trolleys
If you are about to buy a mobile shower trolley make so to keep the following things in mind:
- Get a trolley which comes with at least two year warranty. Warranty ensures that you are covered in case the trolley starts giving you trouble before the 2 year time period. Also ensure that you buy the trolley from a trusted supplier. In case the trolley stops functioning after a while they would still be able to provide repair services for you.
- Learn to operate the trolley before you actually start to use it. If possible watch a few tutorials to get help from a professional to get an idea of how it works. You should know how to lower the cots sides and raise the catches at the same time. You should also in sure that the trolley is at a suitable height when it is in use. The height might need to be registered and depends on the condition of the patient who is being given a bath.
- Feasible to take a look at the operational guide so that you are able to familiarise yourself with all the controls and operation.
- It is important to not leave patients especially children unattended while they are on the trolley. Despite both the courts being raised at a height there is still a chance of an accident.
- The maximum holding capacity for the trolley is around 300 kg however it should never be exceeded at any time. It is important to distribute the weight evenly as possible on the trolley. Patients weighing more than 150 kg need to be attended by more than one staff member.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind would help you purchase the right kind of mobile shower trolley.